15% Niacinamide | Serum In Lecithin
|Ingredient name||what-it-does||irr., com.||ID-Rating|
|Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Organic)||soothing, moisturizer/humectant||goodie|
|Propylene Glycol (Natural)||moisturizer/humectant, solvent, viscosity controlling||0, 0|
|Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)||cell-communicating ingredient, skin brightening, anti-acne, moisturizer/humectant||superstar|
|Pentylene Glycol (Humectant, Natural)||solvent, moisturizer/humectant|
|Phosphatidylcholine (Lecithin, Natural)||emulsifying|
SKIN ALPHABET 15% Niacinamide | Serum In LecithinIngredients explained
Aloe Vera is one of today’s magic plants. It does have some very nice properties indeed, though famous dermatologist Leslie Baumann warns us in her book that most of the evidence is anecdotal and the plant might be a bit overhyped.
What research does confirm about Aloe is that it’s a great moisturizer and has several anti-inflammatory (among others contains salicylates, polysaccharides, magnesium lactate and C-glucosyl chromone) as well as some antibacterial components. It also helps wound healing and skin regeneration in general. All in all definitely a goodie.
- It's a helper ingredient that improves the freeze-thaw stability of products
- It's also a solvent, humectant and to some extent a penetration enhancer
- It has a bad reputation among natural cosmetics advocates but cosmetic scientists and toxicology experts do not agree (read more in the geeky details section)
- A multi-functional skincare superstar with several proven benefits for the skin
- Great anti-aging, wrinkle smoothing ingredient used at 4-5% concentration
- Fades brown spots alone or in combination with amino sugar, acetyl glucosamine
- Increases ceramide synthesis that results in a stronger, healthier skin barrier and better skin hydration
- Can help to improve several skin conditions including acne, rosacea, and atopic dermatitis
A multi-functional, silky feeling helper ingredient that can do quite many things. It's used as an emulsion stabilizer, solvent and a broad spectrum antimicrobial. According to manufacturer info, it's also a moisturizer and helps to make the product feel great on the skin. It works synergistically with preservatives and helps to improve water-resistance of sunscreens.
|what‑it‑does||soothing | moisturizer/humectant|
|what‑it‑does||moisturizer/humectant | solvent | viscosity controlling|
|irritancy, com.||0, 0|
|what‑it‑does||cell-communicating ingredient | skin brightening | anti-acne | moisturizer/humectant|
|what‑it‑does||solvent | moisturizer/humectant|