Follow us on our new Insta page »

Cocos Nucifera Water

goodie
Also-called-like-this: Coconut Water, Coconut Liquid Endosperm
What-it-does: moisturizer/humectant

Details

Coconut Water is the liquid inside the coconut and/or the juice pressed from the coconut fruit. It is a really nice and refreshing beverage loaded with good for the body and the skin things. It is about 95% of water and the other 5% are things such as skin-moisturizing sugars, skin nourishing amino acids, minerals, vitamins and phytohormones (kinetin)

This adds up to coconut water being a nice moisturizing and nourishing ingredient on the skin and it is also claimed to have some antioxidant and anti-glycation properties

Show me some proof

  • Yong, Jean WH, et al. "The chemical composition and biological properties of coconut (Cocos nucifera L.) water." Molecules 14.12 (2009): 5144-5164.
  • Santos, Joao LA, et al. "Evaluation of chemical constituents and antioxidant activity of coconut water (Cocus nucifera L.) and caffeic acid in cell culture." Anais da Academia Brasileira de Ciências 85.4 (2013): 1235-1247.

Products with Cocos Nucifera Water

Baebody Coconut Milk Body Scrub Bellflower Coconut Hydrating Serum Bohemian skin Gel Cleanser Eminence Organic Skin Care Bamboo Firming Fluid Too Cool For School Coconut Milky Mist Marc Jacobs Re(Cover) Perfecting Coconut Setting Mist Andalou Naturals Coconut Water Visibly Firm Day Cream ISOI Sensitive Skin Hydro Soothing Gel Josie Maran Argan Oil Nirvana Treatment Mist Nip+Fab Exfoliate | Glycolic Polish Pads (4 Pads) Pacifica Rose Water Micellar Cleansing Tonic Only Good The Purifier Micellar Water Pacifica Sea Rescue Replenishing Water Gel Herbivore Botanicals Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist Maui moisture Agave Shampoo Soo'Ae Skin Recovery Biocellulose Mask Fourth Ray Rainfall Too Faced Hangover 3-In-1 Replenishing Primer & Setting Spray 7th Heaven Creamy Coconut Mask Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral Bb Cream Physicians Formula Organic Wear® Natural Origin All-In-1 Beauty Balm Cream Spf 20 Marc Jacobs Under(Cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer Ouai Curl Shampoo Pacifica Coconut Probiotic Water Rehab Cream e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence BOSCIA Charcoal Pore-Minimizing Bio-Cellulose Mask Love beauty and planet Hydration Infusion Face Sheet Mask Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Cleansing Balm SeneGence Senederm® Self-Tanning Bronzing Coconut Milk e.l.f. Marsh-Mellow Soothing Mask elf Marsh-Mellow Soothing Mask Too Cool For School Egg Cream Mask Oribe Daily Ritual Cream Face Cleanser Too Faced Born This Way Foundation Pacifica Dreamy Youth Moisturizer Dr Dennis Gross Firming Peptide Milk Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer JERGENS Oil-Infused Skin Firming Moisturiser Marc Jacobs Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter V76 by Vaughn Daily Balance Exfoliating Facial Cleanser D'ALBA PIEDMONT Peptide No-Sebum Balancing Toner Eminence Organics Clear Skin Willow Bark Booster-Serum Eminence Organics Clear Skin Willow Bark Exfoliating Peel Eminence Organics Rosehip And Maize Exfoliating Masque Eminence Organics Clear Skin Probiotic Masque Eminance Bright Skin Overnight Correcting Cream Eminence Organics Acne Advanced Clarifying Hydrator